Macbook wont turn on. Tried the troubleshoot on Apples troubleshoot.

Reaction score
I was watching a movie on my macbook while the ac adapter was plugged in charging the battery. When suddenly it shut off. First I tried to press power but it wouldnt turn on. So i plugged the adapter into a different outlet that I know works and still there was no results. Pressing the button on the battery itself shows a full life. After going to Apples troubleshoot page and trying all those suggestions, my macbook still doesnt turn on.

It appears that the magsafe LED light is not lighting up. Its usually amber or green but there is not light. Could it be the adapter itself? The computer is already suffering from other problems including a broken cd drive and the battery holds a charge from anywhere between 10 seconds and 1 hour. Would it be more prudent to just buy a new laptop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
It sounds like its the adapter, see if you can get hold of another adapter to try it out. Considing the cost of a new adapter if that is the issue and all the other issues it might be more economic to purchase a new laptop :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Are you sure that's not my MacBook you have there?!?! Could be the adaptor, but I have to say the light on mine doesn't work half the time and it makes no difference. If there's an Apple store near you pop in and try out one of theirs - they'll have them for the display models if nothing else.

OP
N
Reaction score
Great, thanks for the advice. If I have to buy a new comp though, I hope I can get another mac. Things are pricey though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Well with the new range coming out soon you may find some places trying to sell them off cheap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.