• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

anyone do business with hellen books on amazon.com?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
I think i'm getting ripped off.

I bought a mac osx training series book to study for my upcoming 10.4 help desk certification.... after a few days using the book, it literally fell apart. pages coming out of it.

per hellen books instructions, I returned the book. postal tracking says they got the book this past tuesday... so I should of been credited the $26.00 they owe me but have NOT. :Shouting:

the last two emails iv'e sent they ignored me. No answer.

HELLEN BOOKS
224 NE 33RD ST
OAKLAND PARK, FL 33334

[email protected]

If they do refund the $, I will edit this post accordingly.

having trouble finding someone at amazon to contact. if you have a phone or link do let me know so i can report it.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cool thank you ;)

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
they emailed me today. refund has been started. :)

not sure why it took so long to answer email.

a tip for those selling stuff online... check and reply to email at least once a day...

when I buy something and email someone about it, if I don't get a reply in a day, I start thinking that perhaps i've been scammed?

not a good feeling from a buyers viewpoint. not a good way to get repeat customers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.