2 Quest- Bootcamp/vista and macbook sleep settings..

Reaction score
Hey guys, I apologize if this has already been asked but for my first question, is it possible to run vista on bootcamp or just xp?

and second - Just got a macbook yesterday, (first mac so very much a newbie) I couldnt find a setting in the power options (or anywhere else) so the computer will not sleep when I close the lid. I dont want to have to leave the lid open when I am not using it. I'm sure this is really simple and I am just oblivious to it.

Thanks in advance..

-r

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Yes you can use Vista.

No, that's not a setting. If you're not using it I'd suggest letting it sleep to save power etc, but you can get third party software to stop it - I think InsomniaX is the most popular.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look into that. I'm surprised this is not a built in feature... frustrating when you have a long download and you cant close the lid.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, it gets rid of heat through the keyboard and the vents in the hinges, so I can see why it's not a feature.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ah, i did not realize this, that makes sense then.

Can I turn off the screen without closing the lid and without sleeping the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup, you can adjust when the screen sleeps in the Energy Saver preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.