Chargers for iPod Touch 2G?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st Gen MacBook; 2G Mac Mini
As mentioned in other threads, many existing chargers/docks do not charge the new iPod Touch. I have a generic car charger and Logitech speakers that I used with my old iPod, and neither will charge my new iPod.

So now I need a new car charger. Anyone know of vendors that sell chargers that will work with the new iPod Touches?

Reaction score
Charger 2g

Go to eBay as there any number of chargers available for the new Touch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
I would check out the Apple Store since it tells you which accessories are compatible with which models. That way you'll know what to buy.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've run into the same thing. Had I known that Apple had strayed from their own standard bus and pin-out, I would never have purchased this thing. My DLO charger doesn't work, nor does my car's iPod integration. In fact, it's pretty hit or miss all the way around. I think if the accessory specifically lists compatibility with the iPhone 3G or iPod Touch 2G, it should be fine. Otherwise, I'd avoid it and check with the Apple Store before you buy anything. Eventually, I'd image that all manufacturers will catch up to speed with Apple's latest spec for the docking port. Unfortunately, right now it's just too early to expect the 3rd parties to have their requirements up to date.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.