Web Page Stalling But Network Appears to be OK

Reaction score
Intel Mac, 10.4

In the past week, my computer suddenly started getting hung up on websites. Here is what's going on:

The network/Airport signal is fine. A nearby laptop has no internet connectivity issues and web pages load easily.

The problems occur via ethernet or wireless connection. I've gone back and forth with the Network Diagnostics utility. The conclusion always is that the computer has normal and functional internet connectivity but one of the steps is an Airport reboot.

Turning Airport off/on will always restore stalled loading of a web page.

Internetconnect and iStumble show consistent max signal from the modem.

Problems occur when using Firefox or Safari.

Hyperlinks within a website sometimes load easily and fast (at least for a few minutes) but opening a new website in a new tab or window always stalls the browser.

Stalls sometimes resolve themselves, other times they time out without an Airport reboot.

Pages with images are especially difficult to load and sometimes hang up with partial downloads.

This all came up very suddenly and I've gone through several reboots and I've repaired permissions but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
Same problem

I have the same problem, IMAC. I called Apple and they can't fix. Don't think it's Safari because same happens on Firefox. Everything reset and rebooted. Ethernet same so not Airport. My laptop on same network works fine. Really annoying.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 12" - 1.33Ghz. 40GB, Ipod Shuffle 1GB.
The same thing is happening to me in regards to website stalling. I was going to install firefox but thanks to the last post I won't anymore. Initially I used a widget called "ip reconnector" which I thought helped at first but later on the problem persisted. So as of today I deleted the widget and am looking for new ways to tackle this problem. Any help is appreciated. I recently installed google notifier for mac and have a feeling it's been happening since, but i'm not sure. Does anyone have a fix?

Reaction score
internet stalling

I am having the sme proble, same as the first thread. I have another laptop and there is so problem with loading any of the internet pages. Just the Mac with Safari seems to have the problem. I see there were no answers for this thread, does anyone have a fix??
granny

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.