Sending in Mighty Mouse for repair

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
There's a slight problem with my Mighty Mouse and I got it when I bought it together with my iMac last year. So if I decided just to send in my MM for repair, what form of identification do I need to prove in order to claim its still covered under the 1 year warranty with my iMac, cause I think I kinda lost the receipt or something.

Reaction score
If the problem is that it is not scrolling up or down properly, just hold it upside down and rub it vigourously on the desk on a sheet of blank paper for a minute or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well I'd try to clean it first. But don't hope for too much. Mine died well the scroll ball on it. So now I use it like a one button classic Apple mouse. As a long time Mac user no 2nd buttons or scroll balls don't bother me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
They'll pull the serial number and figure out if it's under warrantee or not. It's in the battery compartment of wireless MMs, don't know where it is on wired ones.

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My scroll button isn't working anymore as in when you click it, there's no feedback. But it still works for basic scrolling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Have you made sure the USB plug and port are clean? And that all connections are clean and secure?

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Its precisely that I tried the rolling on the paper method that got my scroll button stuck lol. And its a wireless MM by the way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.