InCase hardcase screen angle: Any fixes?

Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased an InCase hardcase for my MacBook. It looks great and feels great, but as I was afraid of, it limits screen tilt more than I would like.

Has anyone tried adapting the InCase to resolve this issue? It seems like if the areas below the vent openings on the back was shaved down very slightly, the screen would tilt further.

Before I try anything, does anyone have experience with trying something similar? How would this plastic respond to something like sandpaper or precise cuts?

It would be great if InCase would just fix the design, but barring that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Can you post some pictures? I just got a new macbook pro and I am wanting to get something to project it. But I have read so many negative reviews on it. but i don't think I would mind not being able to tilt the screen. Do you have the matte or the glossy screen?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To artworld:

I've been using an InCase since I purchased my MacBook last April. For me it's fine, but many folks have remarked the lid of their MacBook doesn't go back far enough.

I don't know of anyone who has modified their InCase but it appears if the top part of the InCase that fits close to the MacBook hinge ends were redesigned to go around the hinges, the top lid of the MacBook would tilt back as normal.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/ 2.4Ghz /2 GB and iPod Nano 1stG
hmm i recently bought an incase case for my MBP 15 and I didnt really notice the problem but now that i test it does stop it a bit more due to the thickness of the case where they meet back there. I dont really consider it a problem since I dont have the need to really tilt it that far back. I do love my purple case though :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.