cant decide

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g4 1ghz
wether to get a dual g4 with 1.5gb of ram and 280gigs of hard drive space, or a single g5 with 1gb of ram and 80gigs of hard drive, till i can affore more

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What are you planning to do with the system?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g4 1ghz
video editing with after effects, final cut pro, photoshop, and more

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I am not sure which processor to get, but it would be to your advantage to get the biggest disk drive you can afford, since video takes up a lot of space.

I don't know which processor is faster, but I would go with the G5. Since it is the newer of the hardware.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g4 1ghz
yea, the disc drive isnt a big problem, after a few weeks of having it ill get more..so i guess i shoulda left that part out...i just duno what will be faster

Reaction score
What are the speeds on each processor for the G4? I agree with you guys. Get the G5. 1GB of ram and a G5 processor is pretty good. Just go with the G5 because its newer. You can upgrade the HD later. IF the G4 is like Dual 1GHz, it will probably balance out to the G5 1.8. I think the G5 would have an advantage. It would IMO, it would be faster because of improved architectiure (if i spelled that right) from the G4. (if i spelled that right)

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g4 1ghz
I have a g4 powermac dual 1ghz processor for sale. The g4 has 768mb or ram, 80gb hard drive, original airport card, and superdrive. This is the model with the mirrored door and comes with the white apple keyboard and mouse. The g4 has the applecare protection plan untill 0ct. or Nov. of 2006 (i have to check my reciept to be sure).

The operating system is Panther with all updates to 10.3.6. It also includes ilife 04.

The computer also comes pre-loaded with Final Cut Express 2.0.3, Final Cut Pro HD 4.5, DVD Studio Pro 3.0.2 and Shake 3.5. The computer is also loaded with Roxio Toast Titanium 6, Keynote, and Microsoft Office 2004 standard. All the Apple Pro Aplications are full versions and all are absolutely legal. The computer includes all the extras in these applications, such as, Cinema Tools, Compressor, LiveType, Soundtrack, A. Pack, Park Express 3,3, Shake Qamdinistrator and Qmaster.

thats the description of the g4, it being cheaper ill still have money to add ram and hard drive space right off....i really like the g5, but i hate the price, haha. and i know the g4 is going to be alot better then the pc i have now and definatly reliable enough for me, so yea im stuck

L

Lasha

I would honestly go with the G5 because they will last you longer. Yes, the architecture is better than the previous G4. It's faster. It's nice looking. Better lasting appearl - meaning that it'll last you for a while, and the upgrade capability is amazing. All the stuff you would be doing would be awesome on the Single Processor G5. Just don't over do it if you don't got enough ram. I suggest maxing out to 4GB little by little when you can to get the optimal performance. :)

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual g4 1ghz
i think im just going with the g4, with all the programs its got on there it evens out i think, theres no way i would ever have shake if i got a g5... by the way, im just in high school, and soon to move out so i want to have as much money as i can, i dont plan on putting 4gigs of ram into anything, 1.5 should do me fine... hopefuly some day when i start making good money doing something ill save up for a g5, and get the best one instead of the worst, so yea, i made up my mind...i hope

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.