8 i k , and left/right arrow keys randomly stop working

Reaction score
So about a week ago, all of a sudden this whole row of keys and the left/right arrow keys just started randomly not working. It's not something stuck in the keys, and no matter how hard I press sometimes it just won't register. It seems completely random, and it's really irritating.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, and thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
How old is it? Apple store? Otherwise I am not sure. You might be able to find a keyboard replacement online?

Reaction score
Hi, have the same problem but only with 8,i,k and , keys... and I am running Tiger. this works for me..

If the computer is on, turn it off.
Disconnect the AC Adapter and remove the computer's battery.
Press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds and then release the button.
Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
Press the Power button to restart the computer.

Reaction score
Try taking off the battery and looking under it where a little plastic film covers your keyboard data connection wires. Lightly press down on the connectors while the computer is still powered on w/ the adaptor and see if you get a key response. The heat from the battery seems to loosen the connection over time...it worked for me last night!

C

chas_m

Is it possible that about a week ago someone spilled something on your laptop?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.