Built-in Speakers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I may sound like a complete idiot for asking this but I'll ask anyway. I have a 3rd gen iPod Nano I got for free right in the box, so obviously I took it. I'm getting the touch real soon.

I realized that you can play the clicker through the headphones or through the "built-in" speakers, or both. If the clicker can come through the built in speakers can music? If so then how, and if no then why only the clicker?

I'm just curious to find out why this would be. Thank you very much in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Because the clicker doesn't require a decent speaker to make the sound, all it takes is a really small and cheap speaker to make the sound. Plus, could you imagine how annoying it would be if all iPods had a built in speaker? ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Because the clicker doesn't require a decent speaker to make the sound, all it takes is a really small and cheap speaker to make the sound. Plus, could you imagine how annoying it would be if all iPods had a built in speaker? ;P

I dont know about the US, but UK teenagers have a really annoying habit of playing really bad RnB through their phones speakers, especially if you cannot get away from them on a bus or a train.

Its usually males, so I guess its some sort of teenage mating signal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
They do the same here in germany... god bless in-ear headphones!

That's one reason I was always really glad iPods didn't have built-in speakers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR3, 128GB SSD Drive, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M+9600M GT
@louishen I know exactly what you mean! I guess its a chav thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.