just got a new mbp last week and am having problems

Reaction score
basically as of now my mbp is not working at all because I was having so many problems that I just decided to reinstall the os x software, at least I was going to until I saw that it was going to take over an hour to install it. the whole reason I decided to install it was because the computer has been doing nothing but freezing and is dirt slow when trying to open any programs. at this point i am beside myself with frustration as I paid a lot of cash for this and I feel I shouldn't have to already after 3 days of having it be having to reinstall the os.

Reaction score
Hmmm? All you can really do is complete the re-installation of the OS and see if that fixes your problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Or take it back to the Apple store and ask them what to do. Or call them, since you have phone support. Or you could even swap it for a new one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
reinstalling the os is the last step. there are about 25 other things you should of done first. but being new, id take it to the apple store. let them have a look. or call apple for help.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. I reinstalled the OS and everything is fine so far but yeah, being new to Mac, I am still not sure what I did wrong to get to that point anyway. I am still learning so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Good, glad it's working for you!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.