Bought new Mac Pro on Ebay

Reaction score
I just got my brand new, factory sealed Mac Pro 15' 2.5 ghz off of ebay. might be a dumb question but, i have not opened it yet because i noticed that its a glossy screen. I kind of wanted matte, but forgot to verify with the seller what it was. I called him and said he only sells glossy screens. So...........does anyone know if i can go to the Apple store and switch it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Why would Apple swap it when you bought it on Ebay? In short,I don't think so.

OP
G
Reaction score
just got my new Mac off of eBay....

I just got my brand new, factory sealed Mac Pro 15' 2.5 ghz off of ebay. might be a dumb question but, i have not opened it yet because i noticed that its a glossy screen. I kind of wanted matte, but forgot to verify with the seller what it was. I called him and said he only sells glossy screens. So...........does anyone know if i can go to the Apple store and switch it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
gacuna,

Probably not since it's a sold item, but it never hurts to ask. If you have the time, take the sealed box to them and see what they'll do for you, if anything...

Good luck with Apple, Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
It probably doesn't have a warranty or anything of that sort. So if you wanted to switch you'd probably have to shell out big bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Without the warranty I think Apple may make you pay big bucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 Ghz, 1gb ram, Running Leopard
No chance i'd say. But glossy screens are better anyway

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
you got more guts than me, i'd never buy anything on ebay over $20.... certainly not something this important. Too many scammers out there today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
:D maybe there is a brick inside the box? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
you got more guts than me, i'd never buy anything on ebay over $20.... certainly not something this important. Too many scammers out there today

Off topic - True. There are so many cool things on eBay, like nice PDAs, Smartphones, Hardware parts, etc. but the problem is that people always scam, unless the user has 100% feedback and from lots of people, you'll end up wasting your money and NO REFUNDS.

On topic - Why would you buy a brand new MacBook Pro from eBay if you're not sure which screen is it? You should double check every thing before you actually purchase and pay the money. Anyhow, Apple will not switch because you bought it off some one else and probably no warranty what so ever. eBay is not associated with Apple so they won't help you. All you can do is try and sell your MBP and buy another one that's a Matte screen. If you want my advice, just use the Glossy one, it's much better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.