.NET on OSX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
I keep googleing this but just get information on virtual machines and hacks to get it to work. But what I want to know is are there any plans for the .net frame work to OFFICIALLY work on mac? Before I moved to mac I did a lot of my development in ASP.net and C#.net. I'd like to be able to do this on my mac and was just wounding if there was ever going to be an official way.

BTW apple don't make software development easy do they lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Not as far as I know. There is an open-source project named Mono, but the last I looked, there were some issues (it's been awhile, though).

OP
eddielee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no I don't really like the look of that. I think I'll just have to have XP install on here as well, whats the best virtual machine software for OSX? It dosnt have to be free, I'd use bootcamp but I don't want to reboot all the time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple incorporating a Microsoft programming language into OS X? You're not serious are you? Good luck with .NET Frame.... IMO, it's bloatware that should be put out of its misery. :Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

OP
eddielee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Originally .Net was going to become cross platform but people moaned that it would kill of java. Great things have been done with the .net framework, and most large corporations run off it or at least use it in some way. I think apple would get more users if .net ran on it, I know lots of people that won't more for lack of ASP.NET support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.