Used or New?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
Hi,
I am currently working on selling my three older macs, and then getting a new[er] laptop. now, should i get a good value used macbook, from gainsaver (or another reputable source)? is gainsaver reputable? or should i (somehow) cough up the extra money and buy a refurbished one straight from apple? I dont really care about the processor speed differences, but will the condition be that much better on a refurbished one? thanks, justin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I would go for a refurbished one from Apple directly (see their website), as they are in fantastic shape.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
Yeah, go refurb - you can't tell them from new:

# It performs and looks like new
# You get the same one-year warranty as new
# The computer carries the same eligibility for Apple Care as new
# It is fully tested (including full burn-in testing)
# It is refurbished with replacement parts for any defective modules identified in testing
# It is thoroughly cleaned and inspected
# It is repackaged (including appropriate manuals, cables, new boxes, etc.) - nothing is missing
# It includes the operating software originally shipped with the unit and the custom software offered with that system
# It is placed into a final QA inspection prior to being added to sellable refurbished stock
# You get a savings several times that of any coupon or promo code.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.