Futureshop / Apple Care Plan

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows. Futureshop doesnt sell the ACP, which I think is outrageous. They do this so they can push their in store warranty which through reading various forums is nothing similar to the service of the ACP. If I get my laptop from futureshop will I be able to get the ACP through the apple site, or another apple retailer at a later date?

~Rock

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, bby/fs doesn't have that sort of information exchange with apple.

just buy it with the normal apple 1 year warranty and then order apple care online through apple - which can be done at any time during that first year from purchase. though the AC warranty stil only goes to 3 yrs from the date of purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows. Futureshop doesnt sell the ACP, which I think is outrageous. They do this so they can push their in store warranty which through reading various forums is nothing similar to the service of the ACP. If I get my laptop from futureshop will I be able to get the ACP through the apple site, or another apple retailer at a later date?

~Rock

Yes, you can buy a warranty anywhere that sells it and apply it so long as it's within a year of the original date of purchase of the computer. Also, which part of Canada do you live in? If you're in Montreal, I know a place or two in the city you should be able to buy the protection plan from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Read up on them tho because some shops warranties will be better. Comet in the UK covers every thing ACP does including software but does accidental damage as well and I think it was only £15 more.

OP
R
Reaction score
The FS one does cover things like the battery but their turn around time is 4-8 weeks for ANY repair. some depots dont treat things very well either and can return scratched/damaged, from what i have seen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
imho Future Shop and Best Buy's "extended" warranties are a joke, honestly....I'd rather go buy my Mac from some place like WestWorld or Simply Computing here in the Greater Vancouver area than the big box stores. Just like the service better. Sure it might cost a few bucks more at retail but service is what draws me to a store.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.