Desktop Picture Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
Well I just received my new 17' MBP, and for some reason, the only pictures I can use for my desktop are the ones that came with the computer.

This isn't my first Mac, so I know what to do, but my pro won't let me...When I go to system Preferences and go to desktop & screen saver, all the options are there. But when I go to add pictures from my own picture folder, nothing happens, no pictures appear or anything.

Like I said this has never happened to me before, so if someone could please help me, I would appreciate it!! Hopefully someone could get back to me soon! Thanks

OP
HmmIsee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nevermind everybody, I figured it out. For some reason, Aperature was the problem, don't ask why, but it was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Hope you're liking it :)

(apart from the desktop problem that is).

OP
HmmIsee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hope you're liking it :)

(apart from the desktop problem that is).

I'm loving this thing man!! I thought I was in love with all of my other Mac's, but this one has blown everything out of the water!! It's like the Ferrari of Laptops, everyone in my office is blown away by it (i'm the only one with Mac's).

But I got the desktop problem fixed, thanks man

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
How many other Mac's have you had before?

OP
HmmIsee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've had macs since I was in 9th grade in High school.. My school had a special Photography/Graphics class that only 12 kids a year could be in, fortunately, I was one of them each year. After your 9th grade year, you automatically were in that class the next year. Well in this class, each student would receive a macbook at the very beginning of the year, and it was yours to keep that school year. So I had 4 different MacBooks while I was in High school. Each year you would get a brand new out of the box one, it was great.

But on to your question, I guess you could count each year from 9th to 12th grade as me having a mac, so thats 4. I then purchased a Power Mac g4, and I recently sold that. Right now, I have a 2.2ghz MacBook, and of course my brand New 17" MacBook Pro.

So, I guess this would be my 7th mac. I take care of all my Macs also, I don't get new ones because I break them or anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Very lucky. My school has brand new iMacs this year, and a whole bunch of eMacs. Plus all the teacher's got MacBooks this year. I got my MacBook from my mom and step-dad this year. So, this would be my first Mac, although I've had tons of experiences with them. I also convinced my dad to get an iMac, and he's loving it as well. Sometimes the switch can be rough considering I was a 6 year PC user.

OP
HmmIsee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Very lucky. My school has brand new iMacs this year, and a whole bunch of eMacs. Plus all the teacher's got MacBooks this year. I got my MacBook from my mom and step-dad this year. So, this would be my first Mac, although I've had tons of experiences with them. I also convinced my dad to get an iMac, and he's loving it as well. Sometimes the switch can be rough considering I was a 6 year PC user.

Yeah, I was very lucky and fortunate to be chosen for the Graphic program, unfortunatley i chose to join the army after highschool and not continue my career in graphic arts. But now that I'm out of the Army, I work for the Department of Defense, and it allows me ample time to get back into everything. We also had the old iMac's in my school, and a craup load of power mac G4's...For some reason, my High school loved there Mac's. Thank god for that though, thats what caused me to fall in love with them!!

I now have gotten my fiance to switch, she uses my MacBook now that I have this Pro. I'm on the verge of getting my in laws to switch also, even though there a little older. My father in law builds Pc's, and my Mac's are the first ones he's ever messed with. He loves how they operate, he can't believe how smoothe everything runs, and thats coming from a man who builds Pc's for a living!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.