Macbook 2.4Ghz and Warcraft

Reaction score
Hello,

Getting a new laptop this week for my fiancee, wondering if World of warcraft will run (and how well) on the system, here are the specs for the system i am planning on purchasing.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - White
Part Number: Z0FK
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Accessory kit
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
4GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB
iWork '08 preinstalled
Keyboard (English) / User's Guide
160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Check this out.

BTW, it's cheaper (and very easy) to install your own RAM upgrade afterwards than it is to pay Apple for it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To Rock:

The MacBook you're purchasing (I have the same one) has an integrated Intel graphics chipset (Intel GMA X3100). While it's a very good integrated graphics chipset and can display to high resolutions, it's not the best for games that require fast graphics like Warcraft. You really should have a machine with dedicated graphics such as you find on the MacBook Pro.

Having said that, Warcraft will probably run OK. Adding more memory as has been suggested will certainly help.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the RAM suggestion, I will definately do that,

Can it be upgraded higher than 4g?
-

And chscag:

Thanks, yeah, I am going to be getting an iMac as well and it should run it perfectly, it is okay if it runs it on low graphics.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thanks for the RAM suggestion, I will definately do that,

Can it be upgraded higher than 4g?
-

And chscag:

Thanks, yeah, I am going to be getting an iMac as well and it should run it perfectly, it is okay if it runs it on low graphics.

4 Gb is as high as you can go. That should be plenty though, even if you decide to run XP or Vista. You're also getting an iMac? When you do, order the best graphics card offered. Have fun. :D

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I agree. I have the G5 and it ran great for a while, then started to slow and lag horribly. I installed an additional 2gb of Ram, putting me at 2.5gb. It now runs perfectly, and i no longer lag anywhere. Enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.