Transferring bookmarks from PC to Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I'm sorry I wasn't sure where else to post this so please move it if need be. I've come here since the Opera forums rarely reply to threads.

My question is in regards to the Opera browser and transferring its bookmarks.adr file to a Mac. I understand Opera Mac saves bookmarks as text files so perhaps there's a way to convert the .adr file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Not sure if this is possible, but see if you can get Opera to sync up with Delicious, then import those delicious bookmarks into Firefox, and then transfer to Safari. :)

The reason I brought Firefox in the middle is cause I don't think Safari can sync up with delicious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
look for an export or export bookmarks command. you would export as an html or text file. then import that file on the computer your moving it to.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
look for an export or export bookmarks command. you would export as an html or text file. then import that file on the computer your moving it to.

You're saying convert the .adr (Windows) to a text or html for the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
yep see if exporting to html works.

Ive never used opera so i'm not too sure of how its done. but export to html is how I did it using firefox.

found this on google

1. In Opera, go to File >> Import and Export >> Export Bookmarks as HTML..
Type the name of the file where the bookmarks will be saved.
Click Save and you are done.

Reaction score
I emailed my FireFox bookmarks to myself by:

1) type in %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ in run mode.
2) Click on the folder that pops up
3) Open the BookMark FireFox Document
4) Mail the links.

That's definitely the poor man's version of "transferring" bookmarks. Would anyone know of way to incorporate e-mailed bookmarks into safari without having to click on each link?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I use Firefox and Foxmarks to sync bookmarks across about 5-6 computers. I really tried using Safari, but Foxmarks keeps me with Firefox. I did use Bookdog to sync things between Firefox and Safari for a while. I know the OP was talking about Opera, but I am just throwing some alternatives out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
^^ MobileMe pushes my bookmarks everywhere I got! One of the best 'unexpected' features. Can't access those bookmarks directly online though, which is a little sucky sometimes.

Reaction score
Converting opera bmarks

Hi all, i had the same problem mentioned here for ages, then i found a prog, called Bookmarks Unifier 2.0b7,(Mac ppc binary) it has worked seamlessly for me, ...allowed me to converet between ALL browsers and formats ( got my pc opera bookmarks into safari , opera and Firefox on my Mac:) in less than 20 seconds!, true.

( though i think it will not handle .json safari backups, since they´re JavaScript Object Notation files, that Safari reconverts to its own format via its restore function...)

the program is free!ware and here´s the link.

Bookmarks Unifier Download - Softpedia :D

hope it helps

best regards

Theo

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.