Gap in the range?

Reaction score
Why is there not a machine in the range to bridge the gap between the Mac Mini and the Mac Pro?

I don't want an all in one machine as i alreadyt have 2 x 24" NEC monitors. the mac mini is too limp wirsted and the mac pro is far more computer than i need!

Why can't we have something in between at around the £800-£1000 mark to bridge that gap?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
I guess that's something you should ask Apple? I suppose the iMac is the mid-range, but if you don't want an all in one thing...

Hmmm...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
People have been clamoring for such a device for quite some time. I wouldn't expect Apple to do much about it though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.
We really do need another mid-range PowerMac type machine, I also have the issue that I have a really nice dual widescreen monitor setup with my g4 PowerMac but want to go intel mac, but for me the base model single processor Mac Pro is just too pricey!

And I'm sorry but I'm really not in love with the design of the Intel and G5 all in ones, the G4 iMac was a work of art.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15,4" 2,2Ghz - Nvidia 8600GT - 2Gb Ram / iPhone 1st Gen 16gb
I hope that one day we will see a mid-range desktop mac...
I have the exact same problem right now...but i think ill go for the MacPro...not much i can do i think...macmini aint for my job, iMac, umm i already have a better monitor and i dont really like the idea of the iMac, so...MacPro is the only solution...

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
The same here. I am just planning to buy a MacPro next year sometime (I hope). I was going to got for a new iMac. I am even considering another MBP but mine is less than two years old and is still very fast. I just want something to play a few games (nothing major) and one that I can edit on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
Perhaps purchasing a PowerMac G5 second hand might suit the section of the market you're referring to?

I've heard they're still very capable machines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
Apple's midrange desktops are the iMacs and it does not seem likely that they will change that with a cheaper MacPro. I think it is quite a good way to clearly brand the machines (although the highend iMac can not really be called midrange.....).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.