Safari wont open specific sites

Reaction score
Just recently safari wont open a couple of sites that i visit regularly.
This problem only started a few days ago and before it was always fine.

I have an intel imac and when i switch to windows and use IE the sites open fine.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be? i dont have any problems getting into any other sites using safari.

one of the sites that is problematic is www.thebeatlesboard.com. I am the owner of this site.

Im wondering if i have inadvertently clicked on some setting that has made this site unable to connect to server.

Any help would be appreciated. Im running safari 3.1.2

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Open just fine with Firefox 3.0.1 and because of what you describe, have set Firefox up as default browser.

Having said that however Safari does open the index page no problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks but ive tried it on firefox too and still the same. this is really weird and must be something to do with my mac rather than the site or the browswer.

Could i have blocked this site somehow. Im fairly new to mac and wondered if there was a function to ban certain sites like there is on windows?

i really dont know what else to try as i say when i switch to windows it opens fine

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
works fine for me, you could try emptying Safari's trash

It would be pretty difficult to accidentally block a site, and the methods I know of will effect all browsers

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
Sorry, can't help, other than to say it opens on my mac w/safari

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Since you say both Firefox and Safari are having issues going there, it's not Safari. Not sure what is going on but you say a Windows machine goes to that site with no issues? Is the Windows machine connected to the same Modem/router in the same way as the Mac that will not go to that site?

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes its an intel imac so when i reboot to windows on the same machine and open the site in IE it opens instantly.

Since originally posting this safari has become slower than ever finding all other sites too but at least it does open them eventually....

im really at a loss as to why this has suddenly started happening, its been perfect since i bought it in feb. this is my first mac so im disappointed

the thing is i dont know what to try because safari doesnt have settings that you can fiddle with or not that i can see anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.