iTouch BUG!!! Audiobooks stops working . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1701973&tstart=120

The above link has convinced me that I wasn't going completely mad. I have been tearing my hair out, reset, restored and wiped my iTouch before, in desperation, I Googled my problem.

I upgraded my iTouch to 2.1 standard - now I have problems.

I cannot now access my audiobooks as when I select the icon, I am returned to the root menu. Even though the Audiobooks are aboard (I can see them on the sync with iTunes), they will not work on the unit.

I have posted in case anyone else was trying (on their own) to solve this problem NOT of our making.

It is a NASTY bug and I would have thought that a 32Gb device should store and process more than 20 audiobooks.

Please APPLE, sort this out

OP
brianwmay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've found out a bit more if you are having this problem.

Save audiobooks in iTunes but no more than 18 or so, there is info out there that iTouch won't accept books over 12 hours - this is rubbish, I've now got it functioning with books up to 18 hours without problem.

So, to summarise, if the iTouch won't allow you to access the audiobooks, next Sync, reduce the number to below about 18 (let's be honest, it's unusual to listen to more than about 3 at once - not stupid, one may be technical, one a novel for enjoyment, and perhaps a language prog).

I hope Apple will address this issue. A 32Gb iPod should be able to cope with more than 18 audiobooks - especially at the price I paid in the Apple shop.

OP
brianwmay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
With the latest update - they've sorted out the audiobook limit of 18 or so audiobooks.

Thanks Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.