• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What have you been playing lately?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i figured i might start one of these since there had been some talk in other threads like this one about the games we've been playing...

i've been floating a bit this last week. some mercenaries 2, some ratchet and clank future, both on PS3. also a few games from the PSN store - a lot of PAIN and some super rub-a-dub (which my 4 year old loves).

also this week i finally upgraded my 40Gb PS3 to 320Gb.
it was incredibly easy, and leaves me plenty of room of media downloads from the PSN store, and tons of room for mp3s and photos, since my PS3 is quickly becomming the media hub of my home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
Spore! But the **** thing keeps blacking out half way, dunno if its the game of my Mac ):

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
Guitar Hero 3 and metal gear 4

for PS3

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
how are you linking MGS4?

i played a couple of the older ones, and found that while i liked stealth games, the series kind of left me flat - i wasn't too fond of the controls, and the cutscenes were so long...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Been playing Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, Command and Conquer 3, and will soon begin playing Spore, all on my PC :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Kart N' Crazy, Wall-E, Soldier Front, Drift City, and ijji Gunz.

As for console games, I never even used my PS2 except like a few times since I bought it, imagine how long that was. Lol!

And I don't want to buy a PS3 because in my country, internet is so slow and so expensive, I pay like $75 a month for 512 Kb DSL, and that'd be pretty slow if I play online using PS3 or try to download PS3 games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.
Been playing Nexuiz online allot, really excellent freeware FPS, very reminiscent of unreal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Halo: Combat Evolved*
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory*
GRID
Guitar Hero 3

On my 360!! :D

*love playing old games!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion -PC
Call of Duty 4 (I've beat it like 4 times on the hardest setting but I just keep coming back for more) -PC
Spore -Mac
Neverwinter Nights 2 -PC
Command and Conquer 3 -PC
World in Conflict -PC
Sim City Societies -PC
I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft (PC and Mac) but I moved and only have satellite internet now so I had to give it up.

I wish their were more titles available for Mac so I could quit building new gaming PC's every year but oh well. I refuse to play console games because they just aren't as good as they are on a computer. Oh and console graphics are junk as far as I'm concerned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Oh and console graphics are junk as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, and 360s have ****** hardware. I get that E74 error CONSTANTLY, and I have to let it run for hours on end for a week before it actually works again. It's happened 7 or 8 times now.

And I can't return it, for modding my box voided the warranty. POS if you ask me I want a PS3!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
World of Warcraft, Nationstates 2, Cyber Nations, OGame, Tribal Wars, GUN, Call of Duty 4, Command and Conquer 3, Halo 3, Battlefield 2142.

It's a mouthful but I manage. Yes I do have a life.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
The same game I have been playing for close to 5 years. FFXI Online. >_<""

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed on the 360.

OP
eric

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Oh and console graphics are junk as far as I'm concerned.

yep, i absolutely hate how pretty and realistic gran trusimo looks on my PS3 - makes me want to hurl.

;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
I've been playing this one game I heard about called STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl.
This game is really impressing me the more I play it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
how are you linking MGS4?

i played a couple of the older ones, and found that while i liked stealth games, the series kind of left me flat - i wasn't too fond of the controls, and the cutscenes were so long...

i really liked the MGS4 game, graphics look incredible and gameplay is pretty cool, but i just rented the game to try it out first but i am going to buy it, also want to get the latest GTA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I enjoy a good RTS. Never ceases to amaze me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
MLB 08 the show on PS2
Zuma on 360

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.