Feel so lost.

Reaction score
I am finding it really difficult to adjust to Mac.
Simple tasks like copying webpage images, putting them onto my email, to then save them to my pictures file on windows is so hard.

I can't see how i can do any of this. Help?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
You just click and hold the images you want and drag them to your desktop. Then use your email account to attach the files to the email.

Reaction score
I've had my iMac since June and it seems there is still so much to learn, so I know how you feel. The Missing Manual for Mac OS X by David Pogue has been a life saver. I strongly suggest you get it, worth every penny. It's on Amazon and elsewhere - no doubt even your local bookstore!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
Images are so much easier to deal with in OS-X than in Windows that I found I was over-thinking the process. You can simply drag an image from a webpage onto your desktop (or into any folder) to save it. To insert images into an email message, simply drag them into either on to the Mail icon on your Dock or into the message body of an email. Or if you simply want to send a link to an image you can drag the image from the webpage to the Mail icon on your Dock and Mail will open a composition pain with the link automatically inserted in the message body. Hope this help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You will find, as these people have said that drag and drop works well on OS X, both within the finder and between applications

The other day I was using keynote and couldn't find the import picture command anywhere, then I though, oh, try drag and drop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I would suggest reading the Mac 101 articles on the Apple website. Those helped me out a lot when I was learning the basics, they have excellent video tutorials.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Mac is a very mouse based OS, drag and drop for most things. I like it better than Windows where it's mostly keyboard commands or right clicks >_<""

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Sarahc - don't despair. You'll soon become so accustomed to your new mac that going back to a pc will seem like going back to the dark ages. Sure it takes some of us a while to get into the mac way of thinking but it will be worth it - honest!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Sarahc - don't despair. You'll soon become so accustomed to your new mac that going back to a pc will seem like going back to the dark ages. Sure it takes some of us a while to get into the mac way of thinking but it will be worth it - honest!

Yup :). It's only been a few years for me but I've totally forgotten how to use a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
reading a book or two helps, as does practice.

Macs are not difficult at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
Really?! At it's worse you can do it just like on a Windows system?! wow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.