Setting default window sizes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I want to be able to view all Finder/Folder windows at a default, custom size. This thread supposedly has a trick (with the Alt key), but it didn't work for me. Or is this just a bug in Leopard? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz i7 (2013) | 15"MacBook Pro 2.6GHz (2018) both OS 10.14.1 | iPhone 6 OS 12.1
first set the size you want for the windows on any one window eg the home foder
ctrl/right clik in the folder once you have set the size
click on view options in the menu
then make any other changes you want (like icon size 7 spacing ....arrange by etc.)

then click on "set as default"

make sure you do this after you have selected all your settings as you want them to look...after this all your windows will open up in the same way...

hope it helps...cheers

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
first set the size you want for the windows on any one window eg the home foder
ctrl/right clik in the folder once you have set the size
click on view options in the menu
then make any other changes you want (like icon size 7 spacing ....arrange by etc.)

then click on "set as default"

make sure you do this after you have selected all your settings as you want them to look...after this all your windows will open up in the same way...

hope it helps...cheers

That helped with all of the settings except for the window size. Leopard wil remember that folder's window size, but if I open a new folder it goes back to a tiny window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.