Help a new mac user out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook
So, i recently just purchased a used ibook that had crashed.I dont know much about computers (especaily macs...) but i knew enough to use the system restore discs and get it up and running again. So everything worked smoothly.... Until it was about to finsh the second disc and it told me somthing about the display not being right. Now me being a complete idiot i dident read it and quikly hit ok trying not to miss any of starship troopers.
It runs fine. Except for the screen.
Help would be greatly apriciated! :D
-Flux

Heres a pic of what its doing....
*i belive its os10.2 but im not 100% certain...*

I dont know

Attachments

• ddddddd.jpg
    ddddddd.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 16
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Wierd, did you try going to System Preferences, Displays and selecting a different resolution? The resolution for that iBook should be 1024x768.

OP
Flux
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook
Wierd, did you try going to System Preferences, Displays and selecting a different resolution? The resolution for that iBook should be 1024x768.

ya i did. it only had one resalution to choose from. i forgot what it was but i shall check now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Only one resolution? I'm a new Macintosh user too, but I can tell you that it should have more than one resolution, four at least. Are you sure the Graphics driver is installed correctly? Try and download it from Apple's website if you are uncertain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
also run software update.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.