• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

VisualHub question....

Reaction score
Mr. Plow here on the forums suggested that I purchase VisualHub to "clear up" my pixelated QuicktimePro movies.

The issue was that when converting a .mov file in Quicktime Pro to .avi, the new file's quality turned pixleated (poor quality)

The VH definately helped! However, VH is only allowing me 45 seconds of playtime??

I bought the software. I have since posted this question on VH's forum AND contacted their tech support. I have not recevied any replies whatsoever.

I was hoping someone here may have some idea.

Again, Visual Hub converts my QuicktimePro .mov files to .avi or wmv very well, but only plays for 45 seconds.

thanks guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Is it still in trial mode. A time limit like that would suggest it still is. When you purchased it they should have given you a serial number. you have to enter that along with your name and email you gave them when you got it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.