Aight, iBook question about Wireless Data

P

Phiber

I'll make this short and simple since the Forum Software running here can't seem to keep itself in check. Yea, short and simple.. Unlike my detailed questions that I typed before. Those that were deleted when it claimed I'm logged in. Yep, those. What a bunch of crap.

1. Need information on Pairing with a Bluetooth enabled phone to get to wireless data services

2. Who here has done it? What exact configuration are you using? What phone, what software, what settings, and what provider?

3. Anyone know anything about a USB GSM/GPRS modem that is compatible with Mac!

Thank you, have a wonderful day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
We need more info...What Cell provider, what phone do you have, etc....

I have Cingular with the new Motorola Razr phone. It took me 3 days to get it working but it's been great ever since.

Jerry

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

when you do that does it charge you for min on the pphone ? or on another basis

OP
P

Phiber

What kind of speeds do you get out of Cingular and that Bluetooth pairing? :) I am looking for a company to go with Data for, and Cingular was one of my options. Then again, Verizon blows EVERYONE out of the water with their high speed stuff. :) Thanks.

Basically, I want to emulate what someone has already done. :) I don't wanna get some stuff and have it not work.

Reaction score
Phiber said:
I'll make this short and simple since the Forum Software running here can't seem to keep itself in check. Yea, short and simple.. Unlike my detailed questions that I typed before. Those that were deleted when it claimed I'm logged in. Yep, those. What a bunch of crap.

1. Need information on Pairing with a Bluetooth enabled phone to get to wireless data services

2. Who here has done it? What exact configuration are you using? What phone, what software, what settings, and what provider?

3. Anyone know anything about a USB GSM/GPRS modem that is compatible with Mac!

Thank you, have a wonderful day.

Apple web site has a nice help area for BT.

ed724

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.