Trouble Booting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
Basicly while trying to install vista with boot camp, the vista disk decided that my boot sector was broken and kindly installed a windows boot sector on the hard drive.

Loads of troubble booting but I can boot by pressing the option key. No one seems to know but how can I install a mac boot sector what what ever back onto the computer?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're saying that you can boot to OS X by holding down the option key on reboot, then the OS X partition is OK. Just open System Preferences, select Startup Disk, and then select your Macintosh HD as startup choice.

If Vista overwrote the HD with its boot sector you would not be able to boot to OS X at all. That would require a reinstall of everything. If you're having some other type of problem post back with more details.

Regards.

OP
eddielee
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
I'll have a go at that now, if I don't press the option key I get a message saying no bootable device found.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.