Help, looking for a certain software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, 'lol'

I have a 15" 2.5 Ghz MacBook Pro, I recently got it when my dad was in New York like a month ago, from BestBuy. Any how, I've been a hardcore Windows user earlier, this was seriously my first time ever trying Macintosh OSX, but I didn't really regret buying this laptop. It's pretty fast, neat, nice design, slim, and every thing. I previously had a Dell Inspiron 6000 and a HP Compaq nx7010, I hated the HP but I liked the Dell that's why I am still keeping it. I used the 'oh-my-god' Boot camp software that came with it in the Applications folder 'Boot camp Assistant' to install Windows Vista, the problem is that I do not want to equally partition the volumes, so the only other option I had is use 32 GB, and that's what I did. I really want a FREE program to install on my Mac so I'd make the Windows partition 60 GB and leave the rest of the space for the Macintosh HD, the problem with VolumeWorksTM is that when ever I try to install and use the trial version, it keeps asking me 'Please enter the administrator password' or some thing like that, I entered it and every thing but no luck, still doesn't want to install so I had to quit it. If any one knows a good free program that can do that for me or know a way to do it by the software that already came in 'Applications', I'd be very thankful. Thank you very much and have a nice day every one, and sorry for wasting your time; thanks again.

Cheers!

PS: I tried Parallels and I advise people to seriously avoid it, it simply sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
boot camp lets you specify a size.

and it's asking you for your password. entering that is not working? can you go to terminal and sudo ls ?

OP
Tarek
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
I am not really an expert as I stated above, so I was up for the 'standard' settings with Boot camp, before I even began the Windows installation. Is it possible to do some thing to resize the volumes now? I'd like the Windows one to be 60 GB.

If you know a way, PLEASE, pm me your email address 'msn messenger, yahoo, or skype'. Thank you very much and I am terribly sorry for wasting your time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.