Bit the Bullet - Bought a U2 iPod

M

meltbanana314

I just couldn't wait any longer. I picked up my credit card and bought a U2 iPod for $375 at the online Apple Store. :headphone I don't even have a Mac yet (maybe when the birthday checks come in next month I can snag an iBook.)

It's going to be tough waiting and knowing that I won't be able to use my iPod when it arrives, as I currently use Linux, where Nothing Works (TM).

T-Minus 5 days and counting.

OP
G

Gar

thats not quite true there are a lot of linux tools for ipods.
not sure on th specifics but my friend has an ipod and uses it with his linux machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
why do you have mac specs listed already if you do not own one? *confused*

OP
M

meltbanana314

ApplejustWorks said:
why do you have mac specs listed already if you do not own one? *confused*

I've been pretty much planning to buy an iBook since they first came out. I mean, when they FIRST CAME OUT (the coloured clamshell models.)

I got sidetracked by Linux for a long time and I've had nothing but problems using it for personal computers, so when the *new* iBooks were released, it made me think of how badly I wanted one, and now I had the incentive to actually get one because of all the unix-y goodness of OS X with fewer headaches. Plus they look fawking awesome.

The Mac specs are just wishful thinking. Sorry for the confusion.

*waits for the birthday checks to roll right in*

OP
M

meltbanana314

Gar said:
thats not quite true there are a lot of linux tools for ipods.
not sure on th specifics but my friend has an ipod and uses it with his linux machine

Firefox breaks every time I do an "apt-get upgrade," I can't play video files on either VLC or MPlayer because I'm missing some obscure software package that nobody seems to have, I can't play mp3s because lame won't work and I have to reset some monitor settings every time I restart my laptop because it gets stuck in 640x480 resolution mode and I can't change it after logging in.

That sounds like "not working" to me.

Plus, my laptop has neither USB or Firewire - so I wouldn't be able to use it anyway even if the software would work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12", 1.33GHz G4, 1GB DDR400, 32MB Radeon 9550, 80GB HD, OSX 10.4.9
OP
M

meltbanana314

Update:

FedEx r dum

It's about 100 miles north of here in Phoenix - and the estimated time of arrival is Wednesday. I could drive over and pick it up myself if I was so inclined.

I'm definitely buying the iBook *in town* now that I know where the official Apple Store is.

OP
M

meltbanana314

iPod arrived today.

So far - I've only opened up the outer (brown) box, revealing the black, red, and white iPod Special Edition box. I'm not going to open it up any further until I get an iBook, which is more than 2-3 weeks away =(

OP
M

meltbanana314

xthisisRomancex said:
i bet ur $50 itunes voucher that you open it.

I'm a weak, weak man.

But, no - you can't have the voucher :p

I'm going to get the Complete U2, but it'll take me another few weeks of digging coins out of the sofa to pay for it. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.