Cannot Install The Sims. Help!

AMG

Reaction score
2.2ghz MacBook
OS_X 10.5.4

So after installing "The Sims Complete" DVD, I try to open the application and get the following error message stating, "The Sims Complete requires Read/Write access to the "User folder". It go's on to say:

..."The current user does not have Read/Write privileges. Install The Sims Complete on this user or another user with sufficient privileges."

I am the only user on this computer, the "user data" folder is read/write (I even went back and unchecked/then checked it again), and I can't figure out why this will not open.

Anyone with any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

OP
A

AMG

Reaction score
Solved! The ole' uninstall and re-install. I guess a file wasn't copied right in the initial process.

Thanks Guys!

OP
A

AMG

Reaction score
Well, I thought that solved the problem. It did, for one sitting. The G/F went to play it again today and it displayed the same error. I guess I will call tech support Monday, but any help in the meantime would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Download ACL Fix and run that. With its drop-window open, drag and drop your home folder on it, then click "Fix". Hopefully that will do the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.