FrontPage Work Around

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook OS X 10.5
Hi,

I manage a school library and would love to create a web site as a part of our school's home page. My district requires that I design the site using FrontPage, but I have a Mac at home. I currently do not have access to school computers, so I need web design software that best emulates FrontPage or will allow me to save in that format. I know that if I design in iWeb I can tweak my site in FrontPage but having no regular access to the program, I can't correct any bugs or see what my finished site will look like. Any ideas for a workaround besides Bootcamp?

Thanks!

Laura

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Sorry, they're vastly different. However, you can install Windows either via Boot Camp or Parallels and use FrontPage directly that way.

By the way, Front Page generates horrible code- is there any chance of talking your district out of that as it generates very non-compliant "spaghetti"-like code? :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
DreamWeaver >_>?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook OS X 10.5
Karudzo,

Believe me...I wish my district would step into the 21st century. We don't even have a current version of FrontPage on our school computers :(

Thanks for the tips to all who replied. I think I might just try Rapidweaver and hope for the best.

Laura

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.