Fonts change & pics lost when forwarding email

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
I "Switched" last year and have been ignoring one problem thinking it was something I just had to get used to because my mother always told me "you can't always have everything you want". I have searched and searched the forums. Here's the problem.

Someone sends me an email that contains different types, sizes, and colors of fonts, and also includes embedded photos, and cute little wiggling icons. When I try to forward this cutesy email as is, my email is nothing but the same plain font with no photos and no cute little wiggly icons. My friends must think my emails are REALLY dull.

Is there a fix or do I just have to live with it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Under Mail > Preferences > Composing, what is selected in "Message Format" ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
...an email that contains different types, sizes, and colors of fonts, and also includes embedded photos, and cute little wiggling icons. When I try to forward this cutesy email as is, my email is nothing but the same plain font with no photos and no cute little wiggly icons. ...

Maybe it's a feature to protect the rest of us from all of that stuff? ;)

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24,2.33Ghz IntelCore2Duo,3GB RAM,750GB HardDrive,7600GT 256MB SDRAM Graphics,Final Cut Express
Thanks for responding, Dysfunction,

mail>preferences>composing>message format: Plain Text

NO THANKS FOR RESPONDING, technologist. (or is your name Mr. Rude and Most Important Person In The World??)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
That's why, change it to Rich Text.

Personally, I haven't considered rich text to be 'rude' since i gave up using only pine, mail (not Mail), or mutt as my mail clients.. back around the turn of the millennium ;)

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, Mike (Dysfunction),
You misunderstood my 2nd post!! I was THANKING YOU for responding appropriately to my question. And I was chastising the other poster with the forum member since March,2004 by the name of "technologist" who also responded to my question, but his response was rude.

Thank you, Mike, you have solved my problem!! And I will definitely add to your "reputation"!!!
Carleen

Reaction score
Oh, Mike (Dysfunction),
You misunderstood my 2nd post!! I was THANKING YOU for responding appropriately to my question. And I was chastising the other poster with the forum member since March,2004 by the name of "technologist" who also responded to my question, but his response was rude.

Thank you, Mike, you have solved my problem!! And I will definitely add to your "reputation"!!!
Carleen

I think you may have read it wrong, seems as though he was just making a joke. I don't believe he was being rude at all. I think you over reacted a bit much.

Either way this has helped me out, so thanks to the guy who answered the question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.