DVD stuck in Imac Flat Screen

Reaction score
Hi, I burned a DVD from iphoto to make a back-up of some photos, but now the dvd just won't eject. I tried the eject on the iphoto application, the eject button on the keyboard, dragging the dvd icon to the trash, restarting with the mouse button pressed, restarting the eject button pressed, but nothing pressed. The command option O F doesn't work on this Imac, and this Imac does not have a pinhole for emergency ejection of a stucked cd or dvd. The slot for the cd/dvd drive is in the flat screen itself. What I get is the sound that the DVD is going to be ejected, but then nothing comes out and iphoto opens up again and the dvd with the photo is opened again. Please, does someone has any suggestions of how can I get this DVD out, apart from the ones I've mentioned above. Thanks

p.s. holding either the eject button or the mouse button during booting still does not solve the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
I know you've PRESSED the eject button, but HOLDING it (not while booting or anything, just when the computer is on and in OS X) should cause a forced eject. Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
also hold down mouse button and reboot. that would kick it out also I believe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
And if that doesn't work, there's always tweezers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
tweezers? don't see that mentioned in my osx support training book. that could damage the drive I would think.

Reaction score
i'm having the same problem with a blank disc i inserted into my imac. can anyone help?

Reaction score
Another thing to try is opening up Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities) and selecting the disk drive. There is an eject button there, too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.