Upgrading RAM from 2gb to 4gb

Reaction score
I've decided that I want to do the upgrade myself to save money. I'm going to buy through NewEgg, but what exactly do I buy. 4gb of any RAM? If someone could post a link to a recommendation that would be very helpful.

Reaction score
hey man,
order from newegg if you want but i accidentally ordered too much when i placed my order. i will sell you my extra if you are interested. i can send it with a tracking number and we can do it thru paypal or whatever to you make you feel better. pm me if you are interested and i will give you my phone number and we can talk about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It really depends on which Macbook Pro you have. Get back to us on when you bought it and we can give you the exact specs you need to look for.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It really depends on which Macbook Pro you have. Get back to us on when you bought it and we can give you the exact specs you need to look for.

Or go to crucial and download their scanner which will tell you exactly what you need. You can also buy from them as well or from someone else. It tells you what type and how much your computer can handle, so you can make your purchase based on that information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" 2015 MacBook Pro Retina / 15" 2010 MacBook Pro
Or go to crucial and download their scanner which will tell you exactly what you need. You can also buy from them as well or from someone else. It tells you what type and how much your computer can handle, so you can make your purchase based on that information.

Downloaded and tried, that's all I keep getting

The page you requested could not be displayed.
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. We expect it to be available shortly and apologize for any inconvenience.

If you continue to receive this error and would like to report it, please contact Customer Support.

Go back to the previous page

Any suggestions?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Downloaded and tried, that's all I keep getting

Any suggestions?

I don't know what to tell you, but I can access the page just fine. What browser are you using? I always use firefox and haven't had any problems accessing webpages on my MB.

This is the link you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
The crucial tool works fine for me also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.