24" Aluminium imac?

Reaction score
I can't stand glossy screens but really want a 24" aluminium imac!

Has anyone ever though of removing the glass front abd replacing it with just a bezel, i.e. just the outer black part of the glass front with out the glass?

This way you'd leave the matte screen exposed but still have a bevel around the outside!

If you get my drift!

Any thoughts?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you want an aluminum 24' iMac, then buy it. Removing the glass and messing with the frame or bezel will very likely void the warranty. If you want a 24" matte large screen display, there are plenty to choose from. Buy an aluminum MBP and an external 24" matte monitor and you're in business.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
n/a
My glossy screen on my 24" imac is sweet as a nut!
I wouldn't ever dream of doing that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Easy answer is to add a separate monitor via the mini-DVI port in the back. I have two monitors and you can add any monitor, so make your second the size you want and the make you want but make sure your connector is DVI.

I do not know if the second monitor can be calibrated accurately though. Do some research here. I have my iMac screen tilted to the side slightly so as not to look at it straight on and have long ago forgot about the glossy look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
turn the brightness to the middle level and calibrate the monitor.

Unless your working for Coca-cola or Nike I think you'll be good to go :)

I haven't had a problem with the 24" imac my employee has been using. And we run 2 large format and one grand format printer and I'm not even going to get into my color management routine.

And I do work for Coca-Cola and Nike :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The screen is glossy too, not just the glass.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz 4GB 320HD,4TH GEN 8GB SILVER NANO, 8GB Black Nano, 16GB 2G iPod Touch
That is true it is glossy even with the glass removed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.