FM tuner/ local radio???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Quick questions:

Is there an app that allows me to play my music through the car radio or do I have to buy an actual FM tuner that plugs into the bottom?

I know there is an app with satellite radio stations, but is there any app for local stations, so you can tune into the normal FM frequencies?

* and by "app" i mean "free app" :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mackbook 2.16gHz, 2gb, 120 HD. iPhone 3g 16gb.
FM tuner, or depending on your head unit in your car, you can get a cable that either runs from the headphone jack on the iphone into a 3.5mm jack on the front of the head unit; or a ipod cable into the back of the unit (pioneer, sony, alpine, and I'm sure a few others make their own proprietary cables for it).

I have both, and even though my iphone tells me it may interfere with them, I have never had any problems with interference on either.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Yea my car radio doesn't have an auxiliary port so no dice. So i'll have to physically buy an FM tuner, and do it that way. ( no app for this?)

But my second question remains... Is there a (free)app that picks up my local radio stations? And I don't mean via an internet stream...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.