iTunes 8 Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Hey - at the weekend I bought myself a nice 1TB external drive. Also, I updated iTunes to version 8.

After updating, I consolidated my library to the new external drive (from a previous external drive) and then resynced my iPod. What I noticed is that many of my album art covers were missing afterwards, even from albums I had previously bought fromt the iTunes store.

I asked iTunes to go and get the artwork, which it did (mostly) but some are still missing, again even albums I bought and are still on the iTunes store.

It seems that upgrading to iTunes 8 ruined my sorting preferences, because I have notced the artwork is messed up either where the album has a guest artist on it, or where it's a compilation. On my iPod, these now show up 3 or 4 times on coverflow, some with the artwork and some without. Some albums when playing will have no artwork on track 1, but track 2 does have it.

So I need to spend some time updating my library, but this is slightly annoying. Anyone else noticed this?

Reaction score
General I think iTunes 8 is worse then iTunes 7, like 7 even more but now I got some fixing done on 8 so it Works the way I want, but I haven't looked regarding the artwork and I never brought any music from iTunes store

Reaction score
seems like for me that after updating to iTunes 8 programs such as iDVD and iMovie always crash when I try to add a song to a project.. Also, almost all of my music has the ! sign next to it, and it says it can not find the song. I too have a 1TB External HD.

Really need to wrap up these videos so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Reaction score
ive lost all my cover flow on 167 songs and albubls..since the upgrade

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.