Mail.app

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've recently come to like Mail instead of thunderbird due to some it's features. However, I have come accross an annoying problem I can't seem to figure out.

I have two self managed smtp/imap servers (One's Personal and One's business). Both SMTP and IMAP on both machines are using a self-signed SSL. Most of the self signed SSL certs work except one (Previously marked to always trust). The imapd cert on my personal server. Now the business server shares the same cert as it's FQDN is the same for incoming/outgoing. When I enable SSL On the personal account and click the inbox's '!' alert next to it I get the below popup:

imap.png

Which doesn't allow me to change the trust options or nothing. I've even downloaded the cert and added into my keychain (Found these instructions on a search) and still nothing. The cert is not expired and the smtp cert on the same box works. Any ideas, Please?

I'd really appreciate any help,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
1. Open Keychain Access.
2. Click on My Certificates.
3. Choose your Certificate.
4. Right Click and choose Get Info.
5. Click on Trust. Choose "Always Trust" under "When using this certificate".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.