Genius - iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
How's it working out for you?

Mine's suggesting the same 4 artists no matter what I'm basing it on for my genius playlist thingies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Mine is working pretty good. I think you have to make sure that your iTunes is really organized, the songs that you didnt buy from iTunes might have to match the song information that iTunes has exactly.

Some of my songs dont have any Genius information yet, i would guess we just have to wait for more people to start using it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's working really well for me. I'm actually quite happy with the Genius feature, I had been getting a little bored with my music :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
It's working really well for me. I'm actually quite happy with the Genius feature, I had been getting a little bored with my music :D

Totally agree. It has brought new life to my music collection (5k songs or so). I really like it. Quick and easy and gets the tunes going without much thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
Doesn't work that great here. I have a very large library (over 60 days of music) and it wants to group tracks that have no business being grouped. It wants to group all the electronic artists together, from Massive Attack to Tiesto, which is not very genius. Maybe it just doesn't like electronic music, since Apples own music store genres for electronic music are horrible.

Reaction score
Ehh it's working okay for me. Doesn't really match much of my music that I would be interested in. I use last.fm to find other artists like the ones I listen to. Just personal preference I guess.

Reaction score
I never really put me down to try it out oO first thing it did for me was making a playlist with ALL my songs in it, so I skip Genius for now =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.