arrgghhh! Where is the option key???

Reaction score
I have a locked folder in my trash and I want to delete it but it tells me I need to hold the option key whilst emptying my trash. Anyone know how to solve this?

Cheers,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
The option key is between the Apple (Command) key and Ctrl (Control) to the left of the space bar. Says alt on the top with that wonky line thing underneath.

Don't really see why you need to download an app to find it...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The option key is between the Apple (Command) key and Ctrl (Control) to the left of the space bar. Says alt on the top with that wonky line thing underneath.

Don't really see why you need to download an app to find it...

I thought the OP was not able to empty the trash because the folder was locked. I never imagined he couldn't "find" the OPTION key - actually I still can't imagine that.... :Smirk:

BTW, the app I suggested is a handy one to have for those stubborn files and folders which seem to want to remain in the trash. Give it a try.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
It should have 'option' written on it instead of that symbol, lol.

Might give that app a go, I've had something stuck for ages!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.