Ugh... Time Machine icon on a non-Time Machine drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.4GHz
2 drives, and both of them show up as Time Machine drives even though one of them is clearly not. How can I fix this? :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Right-click on the "wrong" drive, select "Get Info". In the top corner, you'll see an icon. Left-click it to make it active (with a blue border), then hit the delete key.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.4GHz
Right-click on the "wrong" drive, select "Get Info". In the top corner, you'll see an icon. Left-click it to make it active (with a blue border), then hit the delete key.

Delete key doesn't do anything. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm... are you SURE that this drive isn't configured as a Time Machine drive, either on your user or a different one?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.4GHz
It shouldn't be. It's a brand new drive, except I spent a couple hours moving ALL my data onto it, otherwise I'd just wipe it.

If for some reason it is detecting it as a TM drive, how do I disable/remove it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Go to System Preferences > Time Machine and see which disk is in use. Do the same for each user account. Also try toggling TM off, then back on (perhaps reboot in-between) and see if that helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.