Conecting a Mac Pro through a powerbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad-core 64-bit workstation
I have a quad core mac pro (and I love it to death) but it doesn't have a wireless card... and while I'm currently too broke to afford one right now, I was wondering if it was possible to connect to the internet through my powerbook G4's airport system (just hook up a usb cord from my big mac to my little mac)
would this work? is it impossible? will speed racer be able to avoid the canyon in time!?!?
thanks for your help :D

your dark overlord of madness
Cthulhu

OP
Cthulhu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad-core 64-bit workstation
Thanks for the link!
I've followed through all the steps, got connected to my other computer, but I still can't get internet to my big mac.
I've gotten past the
"Double-click the other computer in the window and enter your password, if necessary."
but then nothing happens. It connects, I can see my other computer and trade files with it, but I can't connect to the internet.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link!
I've followed through all the steps, got connected to my other computer, but I still can't get internet to my big mac.
I've gotten past the
"Double-click the other computer in the window and enter your password, if necessary."
but then nothing happens. It connects, I can see my other computer and trade files with it, but I can't connect to the internet.

On your 'big mac' tell the ethernet port to configure 'Using DHCP'. Do this in system preferences under 'Network'

Then on your power book you need to enable 'internet sharing'. To do this goto 'System Preferences -> Sharing' and check the 'Internet Sharing' box.

Select 'Airport' in the 'Share your connection from:' menu and check 'Ethernet' in the 'To computers using:' box.

Plug the network cable between your two macs and jobs a good'un ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.