Disk Utility Doesn't Repair. What to do? ( PIC )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
I was running disk utility doing the verify/repair disk. At the end of the repair i got a message that said that certain stuff could not be repaired and that concerns me. This machine is less then 2 months old and i shouldn't be encountering problems with the disk that can't be repaired. I tried to run the repair/check permissions scan on diskwarrior but i seem to have a problem with that program where it shuts down unexpectedly at the same point every time.

I have included a pic to show what the error messages i received were, please help. The first pic shows what i got when i hit repair disk. The second shows what i got when i hit repair disk permissions.

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, Intel core 2 duo, 2.16 GHz 1 GB Mem.
Run disk utility from your OSX installation disk and repair from there.--robtg

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok this is gonna sound stupid but do i just put the OSX disc in and find the disk utility and go from there? Sorry still kinda new to mac and how to troubleshoot them.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok just put the OSX disc 1 in and ran the utility from that CD. Got the exact same Error message as it says up top. Same file paths and it says " has been modified and will not be repaired"

Anyone have any more suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.4GHz
If it's not broke... don't fix it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Ok just put the OSX disc 1 in and ran the utility from that CD. Got the exact same Error message as it says up top. Same file paths and it says " has been modified and will not be repaired"

Anyone have any more suggestions?

Did you boot from the DVD and then run the utility? If not, read this for what to do:

http://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=3810

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
In brief you cannot repair a disk you are booted from.

Pop in the Install DVD and reboot holding down 'C'. When loaded, go to Utilities>Disk Utility and run repair Disk from there and let's know how you go.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ran the utility from the DVD and got the same error messages about stuff not being able to be repaired. The second screenshot was taken after the tests were conducted from the DVD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now that I've actually looked at your screenshots, I decided to do a little Googling. One thread says to ignore it:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1714003&tstart=0

In this next discussion, the "problem" (if it really is one), is believed to somehow be related to the 10.5.5 update, and resolved by downloading and installing the 10.5.5 combo updater instead.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1714003&tstart=0

Ok that's ok for the one error message with the ippassword. However the one that really concerned me was the one dealing with coreservices/finder etc...If there is an issues with my "windows explorer" type program wouldn't that mean i am loosing performance since the HD is not performing optimally? I'm almost getting to the point that i may give apple a call and see what they have to say.
Im also starting to notice the computer sometimes hangs for LONG periods of time on shutdown, one time i had to actually hit the power button after waiting 10 mins( it usually takes under 60 seconds to shut down). Not sure what is happening here but im concerned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.