Apple.ca Price Drops...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" 2.26 GHz MBP, 2GB RAM, 640GB HD
Apple has quietly dropped the prices of their iBooks and Powerbooks on www.apple.ca for all us Canadian Mac users. It looks as if they dropped the prices on their lcd screens as well. The Ipods have dropped in price b/c the Canadian levy was removed and Future Shop already was on top of the price drop at least a couple of weeks before the Apple site. For students wanting to get a notebook, the education discount looks a lot better!! It's good to see Macs are becoming much more affordable and competitive with their PC counterparts, (although I know a lot of people don't want to see this happen) :headphone

Just posting this to any Canadians looking out to get a Mac.
Peace!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz, Ibook G4 1.33ghz, Powerbook Lombard 333mhz
I bought my Ibook from the Apple Canada website at the begining of December and there still the same price. So they must of changed them awhile ago.

Reaction score
Doubt it. They just came out with a new one. There is also price drops on the Powermac G5's, and the iMac G5.. Also the powerbooks and eMacs. THats pretty much everything. Even the apple displays. I think currencies have changed or something and every other site other than teh american one has changed prices to match US currency.

Although I'm very happy! I live in Canada !

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
agreed.

They introduced new ibooks only last october but the price drops on the powerbooks may indicate something BUT DEFINITELY NOT A POWERBOOK G5! :cool:
the ibook 12 inch is 50 bucks cheaper than it was as of 2-3 days ago as it was advertised on the apple homepage as "ibooks starting @ $1299"

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Looks like Apple is trying to increase thier market share. :)

T

tariq

I just hope these continued price drops don't result in lower quality and customer service levels ala Dell.

Reaction score
rman said:
Looks like Apple is trying to increase thier market share. :)
Maybe. It's gotten me really interested :) . Or they are just being fair.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hope so too!

I understand that Apple has to remain competitive especially because Dell offers very competitive prices which is why they are the world leader in PC sales. But hopefully the quality standard will not decline although I believe it's a bit unfair to say that Dell has "bad" quality when they have millions of users and just say the 5% of them have problems will look like a lot when statistically it isn't. Honestly I'm happy that Apple is at least more realistic with their prices now b/c it helped me get the ibook I have today. But most definitely the Powerbooks had to drop down in price (here in Canada) because they were definitely a bit expensive since the ibook updates.

p.s.

looking forward to seeing the new flash ipods!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.