Pee'd Off

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
Any other students slightly annoyed that, now after everyone has bought there new macbooks ready for university in the UK, that they have now started the back to school promotion to get a free nano, i ordered my macbook about 3 weeks ago, it came 2 weeks ago, and now i think, heck, i could of had one of them nice new nanos for free.
The macbook has worked brilliantly so far though, no hiccups at all, very powerful and fast and being a switcher i love it, but i am slightly annoyed at apple. I already started back at university and now they release the promotion :( not happy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
yah I hear you, I did the same thing. Think that started a while ago in the us.

ask for one? ;) hehe be interesting to see if they say anything.

Oh well, I got the iPhone anyway and had bought a touch before that, but my g/f lost it when we were walking back from the pub.

what can ya do? good to know for next year when i update!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
You should call them and ask about it. It isn't out of realm of possibility that they'll give you one anyway.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook, 2.4ghz, 4Gb Ram, 250gb hdd
I would but they already gave me £50 back because the delivery company lost one of my parcels (iwork pack) so i think id be fighting a lost cause seen as i asked for a ipod in compensation when that happened. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Your back to school promo just started? Well that's certainly messed up

Reaction score
You have no idea. Back in april I ordered my macbook pro, 2 weeks wait, a week into waiting a new version of the same model was released that would DOUBLE the memory of the graphics card, enhanced trackpad features, and probably some other stuff. This was 1 week after I ordered.

I know its not related, but the moral of the story is, we always get screwed.

Buuut, the computer is almost flawless, no complaints here; just annoyed with unluckiness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
ya that is pretty unlucky my friend. Its been all over the apple store in the states, you should see if you can get on the phone with a customer service rep in the US and see if you can't finagle your way in to getting yourself a nano.

I bought my macbook pro from an authorized apple retailer( not the actual apple store itself) and didn't receive one either, come to think of do you all think there is a leg for me to stand on. Or does the apple store only offer this combo?

Reaction score
Any other students slightly annoyed that, now after everyone has bought there new macbooks ready for university in the UK, that they have now started the back to school promotion to get a free nano, i ordered my macbook about 3 weeks ago, it came 2 weeks ago, and now i think, heck, i could of had one of them nice new nanos for free.
The macbook has worked brilliantly so far though, no hiccups at all, very powerful and fast and being a switcher i love it, but i am slightly annoyed at apple. I already started back at university and now they release the promotion :( not happy

There (Their)? Of (Have)? What's the entry requirements for university these days, I hope you're not taking English:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how does I grammar?

I rarely pay attention to that stuff in a forum in his defense. el oh el.

Reaction score
LOL

Apologies for sounding pompous but having been heavily involved in the recruitment process in the UK public sector, I have seen many a post-graduate be dismissed out of hand because of these particular mistakes when applying for certain jobs.

It appears to show lack of attention to detail, which is critical to some positions. There/their and of/have are increasingly common and much of the blame must go to internet forums, in my opinion.

Again, sorry for sounding grumpy, I didn’t mean to cause offence:Blushing: . I’ll try to get out of the right side of bed tomorrow!;D

PS
Before anyone pulls me up on my grammar etc., I haven't even got a G.C.E. in English LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac Intel 2.16GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB, 128MB graphic card / Black Macbook 2.4GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB HD
Well I just bought my Macbook on saturday and they told me the back to school promotion doesn't include the new ipods (that sucks) so I copped myself the 8GB Touch. I don't mind that it's last generation(Like I'm going to miss some volume buttons), Verify with them it would propably be with the old nanos.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
haha all in good fun sir :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Seems like they left it pretty late considering a lot of people start next week.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.