Black Macbook, pure bliss !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac Intel 2.16GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB, 128MB graphic card / Black Macbook 2.4GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB HD
Hello,
I've been roming around this site for quite a while and finally decided to register. I bought my black Macbook this saturday and it's just awsome. I had my Imac already but wanted a laptop for university. I was a bit skeptic about the screen size and also about the speakers sounding a little bit lame compared to the Macbook pro. Since I didn't have the money for a Macbook pro and wanted a laptop now I went for it. Saturday I was like a kid in a candy store :D . To my suprise when I get home the speakers sound great I even have to lower to volume sometimes (Thank God) and the screen even if it's 13.3 inches it great for what I do. Just wanted to share my joy of my laptop with you guys ;D.

PS: Yeah also I got it with a printer and a Ipod Touch and the ipod is really really nice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
yah i love my macbook. the speakers sound alot better than my friends hp.

and the touch is sweet.

be careful that touch is what made me buy the iphone. apple knows exactly what they were doing in making that.....lol

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Imac Intel 2.16GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB, 128MB graphic card / Black Macbook 2.4GHZ, 2GB ram, 250GB HD
Yeah I know I'm already thinking about the Iphone. Man they sure do know how to make us wanna spend money on Apple products !!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aww you have an imac too im jealous......

next raise :p

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You'll see it's wonderfull I'm building myself an nice Mac familly lol ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, nice

Im moving in with my girlfriend in a few months. She has an HP laptop, I told her that had to go... haha

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
lol, nice

Im moving in with my girlfriend in a few months. She has an HP laptop, I told her that had to go... haha

Give her an ultimatum, and see what happens. <_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well we are having a baby too.

lol, where can i get an Apple onsie... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I remember how happy I was the day I got my black Macbook. I just upgraded the hard drive to a 250GB 7200RPM drive and added another gig of memory for a total of 3GB. I'm installing all of the updates, but boy, I'm just as excited as I was the day I got this thing :D

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I'm going to upgrade to 4 GB around the holidays. I'M also thinking about getting it laser etch around the same time as well but I'm afraid it's going to void the warranty. If it does I'm not going to do it.

Kash do you really see the difference with the hard drive that you installed ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

id like to hear that response as well.

the 4gb memory upgrade is epic though, ive done that :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.4GHz
The 4GB upgrade should be on the top of everyone's list. It was a night and day difference, even just basic maneuvering around the OS and simple applications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I'm going to upgrade to 4 GB around the holidays. I'M also thinking about getting it laser etch around the same time as well but I'm afraid it's going to void the warranty. If it does I'm not going to do it.

You have no idea how much faster a 7200RPM drive is in comparison to a 5400RPM drive. I was backing up files before I did the swap and it took me hours to get all of my data to the external drive. But when I had to transfer it all back after the swap, the transfer times were cut in HALF. Also, OS X was installed in mere minutes. Reminded me of the time I went from 7200RPM to 10,000RPM drives on my PC, the speed increase was very noticeable.

I had imagined a slight increase, but this was just phenomenal. Load times for applications has also decreased dramatically. It would take a few bounces and a few extra seconds on top of that to load Word, now it's done in 2-3 bounces and it's loaded up instantly.

The best part is that hard drives are dirt cheap nowadays. I paid just $120 for a 250GB 7200RPM drive (I could have gotten a larger 5400RPM drive for the same price, but boy am I glad I didn't go with that option). I would highly recommend anyone who is looking to get more speed out of their machine to upgrade both RAM and hard drive, you won't regret it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Did it shorten battery life at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm always near a power source, so I haven't really tested that out. I think I'll give it a try this weekend

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm always near a power source, so I haven't really tested that out. I think I'll give it a try this weekend

So did it shortened the battery life ??? I would like to know that as well

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.