C++ to Terminal Question

Reaction score
Terminal Permission Question

Hello.

I am trying to execute C++ script, I have written it on a program called CodeBlocks and when I compile it and then run it, it has to load up onto Terminal, but when I get onto it, you have to type in a password into it.

Is there any way to disable this and let everyone just to go on it, or anything like that? Was there a special password installed onto it that I do not know?

Thank You
9homie

P.s. I have set the permissions to everyone and admin and all the others can read & write on it.

OP
Reaction score
Hello.

I am trying to execute C++ script, I have written it on a program called CodeBlocks and when I compile it and then run it, it has to load up onto Terminal, but when I get onto it, you have to type in a password into it.

Is there any way to disable this and let everyone just to go on it, or anything like that? Was there a special password installed onto it that I do not know?

Thank You
9homie

P.s. I have set the permissions to everyone and admin and all the others can read & write on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
so you have to run it as root?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is a difference between root and an admin account. This is why you have to authenticate to do installs etc (effectively you're sudoing the command).

OP
Reaction score
Well we have 1 account, so when you start up mac it goes onto that one, so does that mean it is the root and admin?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guarantee that unless you specifically enabled root and are logging on as root.. you're logging on as an admin account. Course, not having a clue what your program does/is designed to do I also have no idea why it would require a sudo in the first place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.