Recording from Internet Radio.......?

Reaction score
Hello all.

I would like to record on my iMac, radio broadcasts etc on the net directly from the sound card in the machine - ie without having the sound being played through the speakers and then being recorded by the built-in mike.

Recent attempts resulted in the broadcast being drowned out by the idle gossip of myself and my Wife.

Any suggestions how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks Mitcherooney

OP
Mitcherooney
Reaction score
Thanks for that, MDFuller.

I've given it a quick go and it seems to be just what I want. I'll try it more fully when I get more time. Always the same old problem, isn't it? At the moment, it looks very promising indeed.

Cheers M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
No problem - glad I could help for once. I used it to grab audio from video clips of Brett Favre. I have a PA setup I play at Packer games and these were a hit. Only problem is now he is a darn Jet! If anyone knows of a Mac application that can make him a Packer again please let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I use XStreamripper to record streams from places like shoutcast, but I don't know if that is what you are looking for.

Reaction score
There is a program called RadioLover that will do the job for you very well. You can set it to a station and walk off and leave it. It will put every song in its own folder with the name of the artist. It is from Bitcartel Software. Check it out at http://www.bitcartel.com/radiolover/

Reaction score
Wiretap is superb. For better quality Radio recording I plug my FM/DAB Tuner directly into the audio in and record thru Wiretap and to listen use the Wiretap preview button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.