• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple UK launch 'free iPod nano with Mac' when purchased by students...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ
The campaign is valid until October 31st.
So, could this mean that we won't be seeing any new MacBooks or MacBook Pros until at least then???

Let's speculate.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ
Yeh, I created this thread before anything had been confirmed with the new MacBooks. Can't wait for Tuesday! And with the student deal apparently standing until the 31st, perhaps I can grab myself a free Nano along with a gorgeous new MacBook. Happy days.

Reaction score
Well, I wouldn't assume that much. The offer may only be available for the previous gen Macbooks. A similar thing happened with the new Nanos. The new Nanos came before the end of the Student promo and students could only get the previous-gen Nano for free.

This is a little different than what you're referring to but the same principle. If the deal ends 2 weeks after new Macbooks are available it wouldn't make sense to change the deal so that students who want the new Macbook can get a new/prev-gen Nano for free. They did it before to increase the amount of Macbooks demanded and clear out inventory. We also still don't know if the Macbooks will be available on Tuesday or 2 weeks later. I wouldn't get my hopes up for that deal man, you may be let down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.